Wednesday, April 02, 2014

The Sweetest Tattoo

Today's Bizarro, I believe, comes close enough to qualify as a wordless gag.
Dan's final art certainly brings extra life and personality to the gingerbread man, and he tweaked the staging a little.

I can't recall the exact circumstances leading to this particular funny, but wouldn't it be nice if tattoos were as painless (not to mention removable) as frosting on a cookie?

By the way, this finished art,
including the spectacular coloring, is all the handiwork of the mighty Dan Piraro. I've been coloring the daily (Monday through Saturday) Bizarro comics for the past three years, totaling around seven or eight hundred panels. Currently, I'm taking a brief sabbatical from the daily coloring duties. It seems that I was late with my dues payment to the ABCCP (The Amalgamated Brotherhood of Comics Colorizers and Paint-Slingers). The union steward for Local 412 paid me a visit, and he made a very persuasive case for taking some time off while they sort out my membership status. And to allow my knuckles to heal.

I've almost felt guilty getting paid for the privilege of coloring Dan's drawings, and have learned a lot during this run. When I pick up the digital paint bucket again, you, dear readers, will be the first to know.

I will, of course continue to collaborate with my good pal Dan as a contributing gag writer. Our next joint effort will appear in less than a week.

As always, you are cordially invited to review our many collaborative gags, which are housed in this blog's Bizarro Storage Locker.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well and that you are back at it again soon. You two guys are a bright spot in an ordinary day! Great work, please keep us in stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet and innocent gag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mr. Smith.

    Thank you, too, Mary. We're still collaborating on gags, I'm just on hiatus from the coloring!

    ReplyDelete